In this course we will:
• Cultivate an awareness of the complex role of language in society.
• Develop critical thinking and analytical skills through reading, writing and discussion.
• Consider language from both a cultural and a scientific perspective
• Acquire basic tools of sociolinguistic analysis.
• Expand our knowledge of the many varieties of Spanish spoken throughout the world.
• Use Digital Humanities and other Web Tools to access and elaborate linguistic data data and organize your team work.
• Connect with the Latin@ community.